Monday, May 23, 2011

A bunch of new stuff













okay

Let's see if I can get all my new tags posted here. As I mentioned in the previous post Shani is making so many new kits, I can hardly keep up. Check out her blog.





Going Deep is a gorgeous nautical themed kit. I made a quick page set & a couple of tags.


As usual I used Photoshop Creative Suite 4, with "show transform controls' checked to allow easy resizing of elements.

Going Deep tag 1


Open a blank 700 pixel x 700 pixel canvas. Fill with background paper of choice (paper 10). A gorgeous cluster frame provides an excellant starting point for an easy tag. I positioned the palm tree & boat 2 behind the frame, showing in the opening of the frame. I placed the ship in a bottle on top of the frame & then added 2 FTU tubes (sea-sight2 & shipping&handling2) from Popeye Wong. For Shani's name I used Antsy Pants font & applied an elegant grunge style by Carmel Creations Designs. Even when using FTU tubes or posers be certain to put proper credits on the tag, using a small font.

Going Deep tag 2




Open a blank 700 pixel x 700 pixel canvas, use circular selection tool to create a circle & fill with background of choice (paper 4). I used the sos lifesaver as a focal frame, applying bevel & emboss to make it stand out. In the layers beneath the frame I placed the sailboat with opacity reduced to 75%, the rock, rotated & with opacity reduced to 75%, & the lighthouse with opacity reduced to 70%. On the layers above the frame I placed the barrel, with bird2 atop the barrel. I applied bevel & emboss to the bird. The original colour of the anchor clashed with the liesaver, so I applied another elegant grunge style to the anchor. I used Sailorette4 by Krissy's Imaging as my poser of choice. I used Arial 4 for tag credits, right clicking on the text in the layers palette, choosing warp text, & slightly bending the text. for the main name I used Candice Script with a rusted blue metal style from Darq Illusions applied. The speech bubble is found in preset shapes. I used Cooper Black font for the 'Ahoy' & Comic Sans for the rest of the speech.


With Shani's tag kit Smokin' I made 2 tags, but the adult content of the tube I used in the first tag makes it inappropriate for posting here. I will post it on the CT blog for Wicked Princess Scraps. The second tag is called 'Girls Night Out'.

Smokin' - Girls Night Out


Start with a blank canvas, 700 pixels x 700 pixels. fill with background of choice (paper 20) then add new layer, create a circle with the circular selection tool & fill with background of choice (paper 6). I created a bedroom scene with the armoire, lamp, highback chair & mirror. I added outer glow on the lamp. I also added 2 copies of the matini glass, the polka dotted shoes & 2 copies of the other shoe. I used ftu tubes from Popeye Wong (forbidden path & lost-in-between). To create a reflection in the mirror, copy the appropriate area & paste onto the layer above the mirror, then decrease image opacity until the reflection looks right to you (57%). The wording uses Calamity Jane NF while the name uses CaslonNo540SwaD. I then applied an effect found in Photoshop called 'wow neon red on' to the text.


I used Shani's New Orleans Mardi Gras flavoured freebie 'laissez les bon temps roulez' & a free to use tube by Popeye Wong (grab life by the pole) to make a fun tag for a friend. I used paper 1 as a background filling a 700 pixel x 700 pixel canvas, added the stairway (bevel & emboss & drop shadow), the balcony railing (bevel & emboss) & placed the feathered mask in the figure's hand. the main wording is in Annabel Script, while the name is in Baroque with an effect called 'wow neon green on'. Check out Shani's blog for many wonderful ftu kits.


I've wanted to do an anti-bullying tag & found the right tubes for the tag from Popeye Wong (ballet teacher & black eye). I used paper 1 & drapery from Wicked Princess' Dark Angel kit.

The font is Gweet Hmk bold, the sentiment is mine.




You know what - I added a single rose to my other tag made with 'Smokin' to create a 'G' version. The tube is a ftu from Popeye Wong called 'a sharp kick'. I used paper 4, buildings, drapery, champagne bottle bucket, champagne flute, lips, & stand, with rose being added to hide the slight adult content (or you can skip the rose).


Enjoy

2 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Graphics category today [24 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on May. 24, 2011. Thanks again.