Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cold Days Warm Hearts

photo credit Joe Tyson

Stacey's Designs has an adorable new kit Cold Days Warm Hearts jammed packed with snowmen & skating teddy bears.


I did 3 layouts - for 2 of the layouts I scrapped photos from a skiing party in January 2009, for the other I used a stock photo from Joe Tyson. Thanks for a great photo, Joe.


I then made a set of 3 quick pages based on these layouts.

Then I made a tag. This time I used Paint Shop Pro, because I wanted to wrap words around the tag.

Open a new blank canvas 700 pixels x 700 pixels. Set your background of choice (paper 6 at 10%) as background & foreground & use preset shapes to create a circle.

Choose the text tool, then change the background & foreground colour to the text colour, choose the font (Kingthing's Christmas 52), when the text icon for curved text appears, type the desired text.

Create new layer, choose background & foreground material (paper 10), choose preset shapes & create a heart.

Choose a snowman element (lighted snowman couple), copy & paste, resizing as needed.

Use a smaller font for name (Antsy Pants 24) & tag information (Arial 05).

Merge visible & save.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

MouserMo said...

Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Nov. 11, 2010. Thanks again.