Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Steampunk Kinda Love



Sweet Occasion Scraps has a new kit called A Steampunk Kinda Love. I've made 2 quick pages & a tag.




I'm up with insomnia & a headache, so the tut for the tag is gonna be brief. CPRP stands for Copy-Paste-Resize-Position, so I don't have to type so much.


1. Start with a transparent 700 pixel x 700 pixel canvas, use the circular selection tool & fill with background of choice (cm sj2).
2. Choose a circular frame (image1), CPRP, adjusting so the frame encircles your tag base.
3. Choose a center element (I chose image 3, a heart). I applied a drop shadow, & an outer glow, changing the default yellow to pink.
4. I chose a rose (image12), CPRP x 4, playing with the positioning until it was the way I wanted. I applied bevel & emboss to the roses.
5. I just found the perfect poser, by Wyked Soulz, MissValennia set4-3. I applied bevel & emboss to the poser.
6. A special thanks to SandieLuvsBears who introduced me to a cute font called LokiCola 20 that I used for the name text. I applied the bevel & emboss effect to the text. I switched to Arial 3 for the tag info.
7. When your tag looks the way you want it, do a final save.

Enjoy

1 comment:

Patti said...

Thank you for making my weekend such an enjoyable one! I have spent the weekend surfing the web and I found your website and had fun downloading some of your freebies. Thank you for the goodies that you have shared! I appreciate your generosity! Without your willingness to share your talents and your layouts, there would be very little external stimuli to make us stop, look and think and that process makes us more creative!

I have downloaded a lot of wonderful kits in the past few months and didn't really understand how important Thank Yous are so I’m trying to be sure to stop and take the time to post a thank you. Sometimes life gets in the way and you start a download and walk away and when you sit down, you start at the next step and don’t loop back around for that thank you to the artist that had shared so generously with you. I know that it happens a lot with me with dial-up. Sometimes those big files take FOREVER to download and then I forget what I was doing! That happens a lot lately…. ! :-)

A heartfelt Thank You for you!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Patti in Dallas, Texas, USA