Monday, February 14, 2011

Stepping Out


Today I got to work with JT's Designs' latest kit "Stepping Out" - it's a fabulous kit, very diverse. Check out Jane's blog for a list of stores where she sells her designs She also makes lovely commercial use items.





I've made you a set of quick pages & done a tag. I couldn't decide if the art deco page looked best with the writing or without, so both versions are included.



I made the tag using Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 4, with "show transform controls'' enabled for easy resizing of elements. I've imported the effects from my Photoshop Elements into Creative Suite so I don't need to close my work in the one program & reopen it in the other if I want to use an effect available in the one software but not the other.


1. Open a new transparent canvas 700 pixels x 700 pixels & fill with your background of choice (paper 4 at 80%).

2. Choose your elements (dress 3, shoes 1, purse 2) & copy, paste, resize & position each as desired.

3. Choose a poser or tube. I'm using a poser by Medievil Creations (medi-boopsie 1). Copy, paste, resize & position, then apply bevel & emboss effect. (If you are using a different software, drop shadow is a suitable substitute.)

4. I decided to use the title banner instead of theme text. After the copy, paste, resize & position stage, I applied bevel & emboss followed by outer glow.

5. I used a font called Diamond for the name & applied an effect called groovy, which is a one step effect that applies inner shadow, outer glow & inner glow. I used Arial for the tag info & again applied the groovy effect , to make the text more visible.

6. When satisfied with your tag, do a final save.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Jane said...

These look awesome Mary! I love the quick pages♥

Jane said...

ooops, forgot to say thank you for using my kit♥♥

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Graphics category today [15 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria