Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Over the Rainbow fun

Put up with my entire post today & there's a freebie in it at the end for you - lol.

I loved my blog background I made with Crystal's Wild Rose kit, but I've been noticing that the text & links weren't showing as clearly as I like so I've gone back to my original blog background because it's easier on the eyes.

Last night & this morning I had the chance to play with a tagger kit called Over the Rainbow by Scrappin Dsigns. For a complete list of stores she sells at check out her blog http://scrappindsigns.blogspot.com/.
First I made a tag with tutorial.

Reflect & Dream tag & tutorial

What I Used:
A tag kit called Over the Rainbow by Scrappin Dsigns. The kit is for sale here
http://heartbeatzcreationz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_153&products_id=1791
Please check out the designer’s blog as well. http://scrappindsigns.blogspot.com/

Poser of choice, in this case, a lovely free poser you can find here
http://romiposer.blogspot.com/

What I did:
(I used Adobe PSCS4 to create this tag)
1. Open a blank canvas 600 pixels x 600 pixels, with a transparent background.
2. Use the circular marquee tool to draw a large circle in the center of the canvas.
3. Fill with the background of choice, in this case, paper 007.
4. Copy & paste sun element into the upper right hand portion of the circle, allowing some rays to spill out past the boundaries of the circle.
5. Copy & paste the poser of your choice into the center of the circle, adjusting size as desired. Apply drop shadow.
6. Copy & paste flowers element 15, placing at poser’s feet. Put 1 flower on each side. Apply drop shadow to both flowers.
7. Choose a butterfly element from the kit. (I chose pretty butterfly 2.) Copy & paste & position as desired. Apply drop shadow.
8. Add desired wording. I used the font CaslonNo540SwaD, with italics applied, size 12 for main lettering & size 3 for tag info along bottom.
9. Merge visible & save.


Next I did a brag book size page, that turned out nicely enough I duplicated the layout in a full size quick page. The two are zipped together for you as a freebie.


The cute little tinman poser I found free online was so perfect with this kit. The link is in the "Important - Please Read" file you'll find inside the zip.

Hope you like the tag & the quick page.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Quick Page(s) post on Jun. 03, 2009. Thanks again.

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 03 Jun [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 04 Jun [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

lwlittlebit said...

Thanks so much for sharing!