Friday, December 11, 2009

Frosty Love



Tagging Angel N Scraps has an adorable new kit called "Frosty Love", tagger size but created at 300 dpi so it can still be used for scrapping. To prove it I make you a quick page freebie along with 2 tags I had fun making (with accompanying tuts, of course).
As soon as I saw this kit, I could immediately visualize a couple of wonderful tags. I hope you like them as much as I do.

Tutorial for “Winter Romance – Frosty Love” tag

What I used:
Tag kit by Tagging Angel N Scraps “Frosty Love”
http://yourscrapaddiction.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_133&products_id=1324
Poser by MediEvil Creations
http://medisaddiction.blogspot.com/
Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 4.0
(Make certain show transform controls is checked to allow easy resizing of elements.)

What I did:
1. Open a new blank transparent canvas. In this case I started with 700 pixels x700 pixels but later enlarged to 900 pixels x 900 pixels. Use the circular selection tool to create a circle. Fill with background of choice (paper 6).
2. Choose a bower element (rose swag 1). Copy & paste, positioning aligned with the upper curve of the circle. Apply bevel & emboss effect.
3. Choose your background elements (lamp post, metal tree, carriage). Copy & paste, resizing as needed & positioning as desired. Apply bevel & emboss effect to each element.
4. Choose a fae element (2- pavilion). Copy & paste, resizing as needed & positioning in the center. Apply bevel & emboss effect.
5. Copy & paste your poser of choice (Medi-snowqueen 4), resizing as needed & positioning as desired. Apply bevel & emboss effect.
6. Enter desired text. I used CaslonNo540SwaD italics 12, but used the transform controls to enlarge the main text after the tag was made. Apply bevel & emboss effect. Use a smaller font, with no effects to enter tag information along the bottom.
7. Merge visible & save.


While I was going for a romantic look with the first tag, I wanted light-hearted fun for the second tag & to use some of the snowman elements. I purchased the poser set a couple of months ago & when I was going through my collection, Snoeflake demanded to be used.


Tutorial for “Love Warms the Heart” tag

What I used:
Tag kit by Tagging Angel N Scraps “Frosty Love”
http://yourscrapaddiction.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_133&products_id=1324
Poser by MediEvil Creations
http://medisaddiction.blogspot.com
Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 4.0
(Make certain show transform controls is checked to allow easy resizing of elements.)

What I did:
1. Open a new transparent canvas 700 pixels x 700 pixels & fill with the background of your choice (paper 1).
2. Select a fae element (3-pedestal). Copy & paste, resizing as needed & positioning lower center of the tag. Apply bevel & emboss effect.
3. Select snowman elements (sitting frosty, standing frosty) & copy & paste. Resize the snowmen to a comfortable fit & position on either side of the pedestal. Apply bevel & emboss effect.
4. Copy your poser of choice (Medi-snoeflake3), resizing as needed & positioning on or near the pedestal. Apply bevel & emboss effect.
5. Choose a snowflake element (flake 1). Copy & paste, resize & apply bevel & emboss effect. Repeat as desired.
6. Enter desired text (CaslonNo540SwaD italics 12). Use the transform controls to enlarge any text as desired. Apply bevel & emboss effect. Use a smaller font to enter tag information.
7. Merge visible & save.

This was a fun kit to work with & hint, hint, is currently reduced in price!

My computer is currently driving me nuts; including glitches in typing, & it has to go into the shop. They can’t come get it until Tuesday or later, but is barely useable. I’ll be back once it’s fixed.

Enjoy

3 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

CBH-Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Dec. 12, 2009. Thanks again.

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Dec [LA 02:29pm, NY 05:29pm, UK 10:29pm] - 20 Dec [OZ 09:29am]).